Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Just saw this about how Wolfstar is McGonagall’s OTP, so…
- Nothing can prepare her for the shock of seeing Remus for the first time in 13 years. She takes in his thinness and tatty robes and the silver in his brown hair. He is as mild-mannered as ever and his easy smiles remain, but his eyes are guarded and his smiles wary. Her compassion towards her former student and anger at what he had to go through are overwhelming and she struggles to compose herself as she greets him.
- She notices that his eyes lingers on the photo on the front page of the Daily Prophet for a long, long time, as if struggling to come to terms with the person that Sirius Black has become.
- She feels a sense of pride whenever she hears students mentioning how much they like his classes. She remembers an earnest fifteen year old telling her that he wanted beyond anything to teach, only it didn’t really matter what his dreams were because they would never come true anyway. She is glad that this one, at least, came true.
- They have tea in her office, one day. He is articulate and enthusiastic when he tells her about his classes and students, but hesitant and evasive when she asks him about his life. She tells him to use her name, but he still calls her “Professor”.
- She is in the Three Broomsticks, with the Minister of Magic and her colleagues, and as she thinks about how the charming boy who was Sirius Black went on to kill 2 of his best friends and harmed irreparably the one who cared for him the most she can’t keep the bitterness from her voice. She talks about James Potter and Peter Pettigrew but not of Remus Lupin; she knows the Minister would object to having someone previously known to be friends with Sirius teaching at Hogwarts, and further prying might cause them to discover his secret and him to lose the only wizarding job he had in the last 12 years.
- It is a lot to take in over the course of a single night, and so much had happened from the moment Albus had knocked on her door, hastily whispered that Sirius Black was actually innocent and asked her to keep Cornelius Fudge in his office far from where Sirius Black was. She is furious at Severus for betraying Remus’ secret and she conveys her withering disapproval of his actions in a few curt words. As she bids Remus farewell she notices a slight difference in the way he smiles, with a hint of carefree happiness that she had not seen in 13 years. She remembers the boys that used to furtively kiss in the potions closet and she wishes them luck.
I know the books were written from Harry’s POV but I would really have liked to see more interactions between characters like McGonagall and Remus because they have quite an interesting relationship from student and teacher to colleagues and it must have been sort of awkward for Remus because McGonagall practically saw him grow up (and fall in love with Sirius). She obviously cares for her students very much and would probably be secretly proud of Remus for being such a great teacher because she always knew that he could do it.
I had never really thought very deeply into their relationship, but I love this a lot.
Apparently he also told David to treat his lycanthropy as though Lupin was a gay man suffering from AIDs, where his body is betraying him and then there’s the social stigma that went along with it. So that’s how he played him.
I’ve heard that also. I always hear a lot of hate toward Cuaron, but I’m personally very happy with the fact that he was the director to introduce Sirius and Remus.
As far as I am aware, yes, Alfonso Cuaron had asked both David Thewlis and Gary Oldman to play Remus and Sirius as though they were former lovers. It’s probably my favorite Harry Potter movie fact :p
I have an inability to write out my headcanons as adorably or thoughtfully as others I’ve seen… so I’ll keep it simple and say I see them as a cuddly pair who enjoy spooning and mumbling ‘I love you’ to each other in sleepy voices when they wake up.
We re-vamped the campaign and added new perks!
-anyone who donates $10 will get a full resolution digital copy of a poster of your choice.
-Anyone who donates $25 or more gets a “Severus Snape and the Marauders” sticker! Originally $50, but that amount still gets you a DVD copy of the film with behind the scenes and bloopers!
-$60 or more gets you a DVD with both “Severus Snape and the Marauders” AND “The Greater Good”
-$125 will get you either a hand carved WAND or a hand made POTION of your choice. No two wands are the same! (disclaimer, please do not ingest potions if you are a muggle)
-We changed the MARAUDER perk to include not only a wand from James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, or Peter Pettigrew, but we included a mini marauders map necklace as well! Encased in glass, you can remove the map and it unfolds!
Only 9 days to go! We’re hoping for a boost during our final week. We’d love to hit or surpass our goal, but we will also extend the campaign if we get past 60%. Nice thing about indiegogo :)
This is a pretty awesome idea. I’d love to see it succeed.
In which Remus’ clothes mysteriously disappear, McGonagall is surprisingly collected and Sirius is, as usual, insufferable.
In which Sirius just wants a bit of fun, James fancies himself awfully clever, Peter won’t be brewing any potions, and Remus would rather not get shouted at by McGonagall again, thank you very much.
In which the mistletoe is hexed, Remus would rather not spend the night in a broom cupboard, and several things are James Potter’s fault.
Written for winterwolfstarwank and the prompt Remus & James.